Forum > Books

Anniversary Editions of the the Holy Books?

(1/1)

Rev.Chuck:
I had an idea some years back about a collector's edition of the Holy Books.  Specifically, the concept I had in mind was a single large-format book that is a combination of the first 3 Holy Books (NER, WMB, and SL) combined into one volume. 

The book would look similar to those quality volumes you get from some place like http://www.eastonpressbooks.com.  In other words we ought to have a definitive edition of our Holy Books in a form and format that actually looks like a high-quality bible.

I had in mind 8.5 x 11 pages, or perhaps somewhat smaller, gold gilding on the page edges, acid-free pages, integrated silk ribbon bookmark, genuine leather covers with gold gilt highlights, saddle-stitched signatures, etc.

The total # of pages for this would be a bit shy of 1,000 by my reckoning.  I'm not sure of the prices per unit but there's more than a few of us out there that would spring for a super-quality edition.

Any thoughts or feedback?

R!

Rev.Cambeul:
I remember old Brother Billy talking about the same thing.

He showed me, on camera, the Mormon babel he was given and it was impressive - as a book. Leather bound, blah blah blah. It is an idea for the publishers if everything goes right for them with the first books.

Cailen

Rev.Chuck:

--- Quote ---While reading your post I thought about this- what if you tried fitting both books into a book the size of Portfolio One?
--- End quote ---

Not necessary to get it quite that big.  8.5 x 11 is large even by the standards of a hardback book, but this is the target to aim for because it is easy to print with and will allow a good deal of print density.  Beyond that size they begin to become a little hard to handle.  Portfolio One is positively unwieldy. 

--- Quote ---I agree with you to add a different binding look- but to honor BEN KLASSEN I wanted to do a first edition look-and it was cheaper- I got the first 100 books- and if we wanted to get 20 million NER and WMB out to the White Race- it would be kind of lame to all have the same looking book
--- End quote ---

No objections here.  I agree with what you are doing.  I feel that as things get further along, we ought to have a special edition printed in low quantity that combines several books into a single, classy volume.  A good way to honor the Word and Faith, as I see it. 

--- Quote ---It is an idea for the publishers if everything goes right for them with the first books.
--- End quote ---

Exactly.  I'm not saying we drop everything right now and jump on that.  I'd argue that we ought to consider it a little bit later down the road.

Rev.Albert:
Its a good idea given time but I suppose other priorities have precedence. I have a copy of the Mormon Bible and find it quite hilarious. That people take it seriously shows what rotten timber we have to work with. I also have a good copy of the Koran and a history of the Moonies that are quite informative. I got my mormon Bible for a dollar. Some good artwork in it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version