Forum > Italiano

Italian parliament criminalizes illegal immigration

(1/1)

Br.Axelsson:

--- Quote ---ROME (AP) Italy's lower chamber of parliament has passed a hotly debated measure making it a crime to enter or stay in Italy illegally as Premier Silvio Berlusconi's conservative forces continue cracking down on illegal migration.
In a bid to ensure swift passage, Berlusconi's allies put the legislation to a confidence vote, which they easily won 316-258. Confidence votes force lawmakers to close ranks since defeat would force the government's resignation.

The legislation must now be approved by the senate. It would make it a crime to enter or stay in Italy illegally, punishable by a fine of $6,840-$13,670, although no prison penalty would be imposed. In addition, the legislation imposes a prison term of up to three years for anyone who rents an apartment to an illegal immigrant.
--- End quote ---

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2009-05-13-italy-immigration_N.htm

Br.Diego:
Good news (but now it is for the European elections)
Berlusconi is not bad, he is anticommunist, I like
I am happy, you are interested to Europe and Italy, my country.
The immigration is a big problem of all Europe and not only an italian problem, but the EEUU it does not understend it.
sorry for my english

Br.Axelsson:
Even though this sounds good, Illegal aliens are not supposed to be allowed in the first place. So now more of them will be coming in legaly then illegaly.

Br.Diego:

--- Quote from: Br.Axelsson on 20 May 2009 at 19:50 ---Even though this sounds good, Illegal aliens are not supposed to be allowed in the first place. So now more of them will be coming in legaly then illegaly.

--- End quote ---

yes sure

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version