Main Menu

Photocarcinogen - Think before you X-ray

Started by Grimm, Sat 11 Dec 2010

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimm

I found, by accident, something called a "Photocarcinogen" when looking at some research reguarding sunblock.

It seems these chemicals are harmless until they are activated by energy...  light, x-ray, etc.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photocarcinogen

Tidbit:

"A photocarcinogen is a substance which causes cancer following illumination. This destructive effect often results from free radicals generated by the photocarcinogen. Many chemicals that are not carcinogenic can be photocarcinogenic. This can easily be understood from a photochemical perspective: The reactivity of a chemical substance itself might be low, but after illumination it transfers to the excited state. This excited state is chemically much more reactive and therefore potentially harmful to biological tissue.

Melanin is not a photocarcinogen, because it dissipates the excitation energy into small amounts of heat (see photoprotection). Oxybenzone (a component of some sunscreens) is suspected owing to its skin penetrating qualities and its production of free radicals."

My Avatar:UK TV's Poldark:- "I would need to be desperate"

The Survival Of The White Race Is Here!

Jim

This is something that will read up on. Thanks for the heads up Brother.  We must look out for each other.     8)
Before the 14 Words, there was the First Commandment of Creativity: "It is the avowed duty and holy responsibility of each generation to assure and secure for all time the existence of the White Race upon the face of this planet."