Main Menu

Are You A Leader or a Follower? It's Genetic

Started by Rev.Cambeul, Mon 21 Jan 2013

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev.Cambeul

The Secret to Being a Great Leader? Genes, Say Researchers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2262759/Great-leaders-really-ARE-born-taught-researchers-say.html

By Mark Prigg | Daily Mail, UK | 15 January 2013

Leaders really are born and not made, scientists say after finding a gene that influences whether someone is likely to rule or be ruled. After analysing DNA samples from 4,000 people, the team from University College London discovered that those with the gene were up to 25 per cent more likely to have a supervisory role at work. 'We have identified a genotype, called rs4950, which appears to be associated with the passing of leadership ability down through generations,' wrote lead scientist Dr Jan-Emmanuel De Neve, in the journal Leadership Quarterly. [more ...]

Reverend Cailen Cambeul, P.M.E.
Church Administrator, Creativity Alliance
Church of Creativity South Australia
Box 7051, West Lakes, SA, Australia, 5021

Email: Admin@creativityalliance.com
Crypto Coin Details in Forum Profile

Noli Nothis Permittere Le Terere
The only way to prevent 1984 is 2323
Joining the Creativity Alliance is Free
https://creativityalliance.com/join

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated, and scorned.
When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
Mark Twain.

Miss.Jane

I'm the sort who others see as a leader and I get leadership thrust upon me, but I don't like to order people around even though I really should.  As you can imagine, my kids take full advantage of that.  This reminds me of the Monty Python sketch (see youtube) where the Sergeant lets all his troops go off and do whatever they say they want to do instead of following orders to March Up and Down the Square.

People like Winston Churchill would have a different sort of leadership genetics in which they enjoy telling everyone else to jump off a cliff.
Formerly a Reverend with the Premier Church of Creativity under Ben Klassen, PM.